Register as an MTL User
In order to get access to MTL services, you must register Using the
MUMMS registration form (see below). Before you start registration, please make sure that:
- You have a valid email address for your organization (MIT or
- You know the MTL services to which you need access.
- You have an MIT account
number (internal users) or a purchase order
number (external users) from your supervisor.
- If you are an external user, you must provide a copy of the purchase order and some
required background information before you can register. Please download and complete the purchase order information form.
The MUMMS registration form will ask you a number of questions. Once you complete the form
you will receive an e-mail with instructions on confirming your
registration. Your registration must be confirmed by you in order to
proceed to the next steps in the process. Once your registration is
confirmed, you will be able to log into MUMMS to see the status of your services. Note that some MTL services will not be activated until certain requirements are met, including:
- Creation of your compute account: You will not be able to log into any MTL computers or CORAL without an active compute account. Your compute account must be created by MTL staff which normally takes 1 or 2 days.
- Completion of safety requirements: You must complete the required safety training and sign-offs before you can get access to log into CORAL.
- Approval of charges: We will need to receive approval from your supervisor before any services which incur charges can be activated. An e-mail will be sent to the supervisor requesting approval when you confirm your registration.
- Administrator Approval: Some services require approval from a designated staff person. In particular, CAD access requires approval from the CAD administrator. If you request CAD access, an e-mail will be sent to the CAD administrator requesting approval when you confirm your registration.
The status of all of these requirements can be viewed by logging into MUMMS and choosing "Manage Your Services."
If you have any problems Using the MUMMS registration form,