- Emmanuel Chimamkpam, former visiting engineer; worked at the Velásquez-García group @ MIT on MEMS plasma diagnostics. Currently a PhD student at Cambridge University, Cambridge, UK.
- Chen Dan Dong, Master of Engineering in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science September 2014; thesis title “Scaling of ultrafast photon-triggered field emission cathodes composed of arrays of sharpened single-crystal Si pillars”. Currently Hardware Engineer at Oracle, Dallas TX.
- Shuo Cheng, Postdoctoral Associate; worked at the Velásquez-García group @ MIT on microfabricated silicon-tip field emission cathodes for compact X-ray sources. Currently staff at Stellarray, Austin TX.
- Ella Field, Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering September 2011; thesis title “Batch-microfabricated miniaturized planar arrays of Langmuir probes for reentry plasma diagnostics and nanosatellites”. Currently staff at Sandia National Laboratories, Albuquerque NM.
- Arash Fomani, Postdoctoral Associate; worked at the Velásquez-García group @ MIT on high-performance field emission and field ionization devices for portable analytical instruments. Currently a Senior R&D Scientist at Synaptics, San jose CA.
- Eric Heubel, PhD in Mechanical Engineering June 2014; thesis title “Enhancing retarding potential analyzer energy measurements with micro-aligned electrodes”. Currently MITx Digital Learning Fellow, Office of Digital Learning, MIT, Cambridge MA.
- Frances. A. Hill, Postdoctoral Associate; worked on MEMS multiplexed electrospray sources and NEMS cathodes for X-Ray generation. Currently a Research Scientist at KLA-Tencor, Milpitas, CA.
- Vivi Jayanty, Master of Science in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science (June 2012); thesis title “Miniaturized electron-impact-ionization pumps using double-gated isolated vertically aligned carbon nanotube arrays”. Currently a Business Inteligence and Process Development Manager at Lazada – Rocket Internet
- Daniel Jang, Master of Engineering in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science (February 2012); thesis title “Carbon nanotube-based field ionization vacuum pump”. Currently Associate Staff at MIT Lincoln Laboratory, Lincoln, MA.
- Vagn Knudsen Salazar, Master of Science in Management Studies Sloan School of Management (June 2012); thesis title “Emerging trends in the satellite industry”. Co-founder at www.linio.com.co
- Philip Ponce de Leon, Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering February 2015; thesis title “Parallel nano-manufacturing via electro-hydrodynamic jetting from externally-fed emitter arrays”. Currently Senior Engineer – Technology Leadership Development Program, Becton, Dickinson and Company, New York NY.
- Matthew Overlin, former UROP student; worked on electrospray printing.
- Michael Swanwick, Postdoctoral Associate; worked at the Velásquez-García group @ MIT on highly ordered vertical CNT growth with sub 100nm packing for ultracapacitors, high-current field emission devices with self-aligned extractor and photo-assisted field emission from nanostructured silicon cathodes. Currently staff at Creare, Hanover NH.
- Xiaozhi Wang, Postdoctoral Associate; worked at the Velásquez-García group @ MIT on CNT high electric field devices; now is Assistant Professor, Zhejiang University, Zhejiang, China
Luis F. Velasquez-Garcia
Principal Research Scientist
Microsystems Technology Laboratories
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
60 Vassar Street
Building 39, Room 415B
Cambridge, MA 02139