[labnetwork] CTI-Cryogenics compressor query

Gregg D. Cure` gcure at ece.arizona.edu
Fri Apr 6 13:08:14 EDT 2007

Hello -

We have an older (vintage 1980s or thereabout) CTI-Cryogenics Cryo-Torr 8
pump and air-cooled type SC Compressor.

The compressor requires maintenance. It appears to be very low on cooling
oil (as the manual describes it).

I need to know:

1. The type of oil the compressor requires and,

2. How to recharge the oil level. The manual I have provides no detail on
this, other than a schematic representation with a feature that is labeled
"oil fill" but I can find no suitable analogue on the compressor itself.

Any help from the brain trust would be greatly appreciated!

--
Gregg D. Cure`
The University of Arizona