[labnetwork] Toxic Gas Monitoring System Survey

Mary Tang mtang at stanford.edu
Wed Feb 18 01:13:38 EST 2009

Dear Labnetwork Members --

We're taking a good, hard look at our toxic gas monitoring systems here
at the Stanford Nanofab -- and are wondering what other University
facilities do for monitoring.  We've spoken with several other
facilities informally, but thought a survey might be a more systematic
way of gathering information -- and if the discussions we've had so far
are any indication, might be of general interest to many of those on
this list working with life safety systems.

So, we've put together a survey consisting of 20 questions, mostly of
the button-click type, but with plenty of opportunity for comment.  We
would really appreciate your inputs.  If people are willing, we'll post
results to this list.  The survey link is here:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=28zi33siVWKKSbvjXg9NUg_3d_3d

Just a bit of background:  Our TGO system was designed and specified
some years ago.  Some of the modules are no longer supported or are in
danger of becoming obsolete.  The technology has improved since then,
but there still does not seem to be a simple solution to our needs for
reliability, ease of maintenance, and need for research flexibility.
Our needs are certainly not unique, and we are hoping to learn from your
collective experience.

And if you'd rather not participate in a survey but are willing to share
your experiences, please do give me a call -- advice, comments, and
suggestions are appreciated!

Thanks!

Mary

____