[labnetwork] RH question

Luciani, Vincent vincent.luciani at nist.gov
Wed Aug 3 18:25:38 EDT 2011

Hello Rick,

Your 45% is the right target.  +-3% is the absolute widest you should go.

If you can keep within 2%, your tools/processes will be the limiting factor of your sub-micron repeatability.  Any wider range than that and your RH variation could start taking away from your repeatability.
For example: Deep sub-micrometer geometries on an automatic developer will be sensitive to even +-2%.  With large geometries and developing in a beaker +-3% is fine.
Here at CNST we shoot for +-2% and achieve better than +-1%.  A class 10 clean room will have enough air changes/minute to do very well if the HVAC designer specs the right humidity control hardware.

Good Luck!

Vince

Vincent K. Luciani
NanoFab Manager