[labnetwork] Need RIE help

Morrison, Richard H., Jr. rmorrison at draper.com
Fri Jul 29 10:47:18 EDT 2011

Well that is great info,

Here are my results so far, thanks to all whom have wrote replies:

Removed the Teflon ring and the F peak on the plasma scope reduced by
about 30%, the ring shows heavy etch damage, according to STS it is
needed in the system to help confine the plasma

We found out that the "o"-ring that seals the chamber cover is greased
with fomblin grease, changing that out today, data to come.

We will swap out the dry pump for a new one to see if we have an oil
back-stream issue due to a bad seal. One stage on the dry pump uses
Fomblin oil.

All of you have suggested very long O2 cleans so we are going to try
that after the grease and pump change. We are also going to increase the
O2 flow to 125sccm from 50sccm, increase the pressure to 250mT and
increase the power.

Any more ideas out there?

Rick