[labnetwork] Open positions at University of Washington Microfabrication Facility

Karl F Böhringer karlb at washington.edu
Mon Jun 20 05:29:22 EDT 2011

Multiple open positions at the University of Washington, Seattle Shared Micro/Nano-Fabrication Facility

The University of Washington has recently begun a strategic initiative to significantly expand and upgrade our on-campus cleanroom facilities. Our goal is to build our campus into a leading national center for nanoscience and nanofabrication. If you want to be a part of making this happen, we want to hear from you.

In the first phase of this effort, over the past two years, we acquired a JEOL 6300FS 100KV electron beam lithography system, as well as approximately five new etching, deposition and metrology tools.

The facility currently has 6 open positions and will have additional open positions in the coming months; we are seeking an Associate Director, Senior Process Engineers, Process Engineers, a User Manager and experienced Technicians. We anticipate posting additional positions over the coming weeks.

The university has recently appointed Professor Karl Böhringer as the facility director, and Assistant Professor Michael Hochberg, and expert on silicon nanophotonics, as deputy director.

Please email a resume or CV to: hochberg at washington.edu for further information and links to the official announcements. Official job descriptions can be found at https://www.ee.washington.edu/operations/payroll/jobs or at http://uw.edu/jobs.

Position descriptions:

https://uwhires.admin.washington.edu/eng/candidates/default.cfm?szCategory=JobProfile <https://uwhires.admin.washington.edu/eng/candidates/default.cfm?szCategory=JobProfile&szOrderID=73694&szlocationID=88> &szOrderID=73694&szlocationID=88

https://uwhires.admin.washington.edu/eng/candidates/default.cfm?szCategory=JobProfile <https://uwhires.admin.washington.edu/eng/candidates/default.cfm?szCategory=JobProfile&szOrderID=73300&szlocationID=88> &szOrderID=73300&szlocationID=88

https://uwhires.admin.washington.edu/eng/candidates/default.cfm?szCategory=JobProfile <https://uwhires.admin.washington.edu/eng/candidates/default.cfm?szCategory=JobProfile&szOrderID=73972&szlocationID=88> &szOrderID=73972&szlocationID=88

https://uwhires.admin.washington.edu/eng/candidates/default.cfm?szCategory=JobProfile <https://uwhires.admin.washington.edu/eng/candidates/default.cfm?szCategory=JobProfile&szOrderID=75363&szlocationID=88> &szOrderID=75363&szlocationID=88