[labnetwork] Etch Tool Chamber Cleaning Procedures

Gardner, Geoffrey C geoff at purdue.edu
Fri Mar 4 12:40:28 EST 2011

Lab Network Community,

Thank you in advance for your time and thoughts.

We are undertaking a critical review of our Etch Process Chamber Wet or Manual Cleaning Procedures.   For the purpose of this review we will ignore plasma cleaning and conditioning.

Could you please describe for me the techniques you use to clean your etch chambers.  I am specifically interested in;

1.       Processes/Gasses being run in chamber?

2.       Type of contamination/ build up attempting to remove.

3.       Frequency of cleaning? Or  What signals you it is time to clean.

4.       Inner chamber material being cleaned? (quartz, anodized aluminum, SS, etc.)

5.       What wetting agent is used? (water, solvent type or acid type)

6.       That is the wiping agent (brillow pad/ CR wipes)

7.       Is there a specific order/processes for your cleaning?  (Acetone first, water second etc)

8.        Are there other suggestions or thoughts you would like to include in this review.

I will compile a summary of the responses and share them with those who are interested.

Thank you,

Geoffrey C. Gardner
Microfab Research Engineer
Purdue University, Birck Nanotechnology Center,
1205 West State Street
West Lafayette, IN 47907
office: (765) 494-3458