[labnetwork] Silicon Nitride question

Morrison, Richard H., Jr. rmorrison at draper.com
Wed Apr 11 08:08:56 EDT 2012

Hi Everyone,

I am restarting a Silicon Nitride LPCVD process and I have a few questions. The process will use a EBARA dry pump therefore should I use a trap on the vacuum pump inlet to catch any particulate generated?

Any issue with excess hydrogen from the process going into the dry pump, do I need a burn box on the vacuum pump exhaust?

2nd question has anybody tried to run the LPCVD process on a wafer with a platinum metal pattern on the surface? I was wondering if there maybe some adverse effect because of the catalytic nature of Platinum.

Thanks
Rick

Rick Morrison
Senior Member Technical  Staff
Group Leader Microfabrication Operations
Draper Laboratory
555 Technology Square
Cambridge, MA  02139

W  617-258-3420