[labnetwork] Toxic Gas Monitoring Systems

King, Dave kingdc at rpi.edu
Thu Aug 9 04:51:56 EDT 2012

RPI switched to Honeywell Analytics sensors a year or so ago, and we are pleased with them.  The signals from our sensors go to a control panel of our own design, which can shut down the gases (by cutting off the air to the pneumatic valves) and generate alarms (by sending a signal to the building fire alarm panel) in the event that a sensor reading exceeds its high alarm set point.  In the event of an alarm, one of our security cameras also zooms in on the alarm panel display, so that we have the choice of physically going to the panel or viewing it remotely through the camera system.

Dave King
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute