[labnetwork] staffing

Ferraguto, Thomas Thomas_Ferraguto at uml.edu
Tue Aug 21 08:33:05 EDT 2012

We (UMass Lowell) have been fortunate enough to purchase some equipment for our 4200 (1450 is chase) square foot clean room opening October 11th. (It will take most of the fall for delivery and fit up)

Now that I have equipment on the way (Including a Raith 150two), I need to justify hiring a dedicated photo lithography engineer.

It would be helpful to get a read on square footage to staffing number. If you could fill out the table (overwriting my input and forward it back) it would provide a great data point for us! (one which I will share once compiled)

I'm not including facilities support staff, i.e. HVAC, electrical etc. This is dedicated clean room staff to train users and maintain equipment.

Staffing Survey

Input

Comment

University

U Mass Lowell

Clean Room Square Footage

4200

clean room envelope

Management

1

Engineers

1

IT Staff

0

Technicians

0

As always opinions and comments are welcome

Best Regards

Thomas S. Ferraguto
ETIC Clean Room Director
University of Massachusetts Lowell