[labnetwork] joining long PVDF pipe runs

John Shott shott at stanford.edu
Thu Jul 5 17:46:39 EDT 2012

Iulian:

Our PVDF system is predominantly welded with occasional unions where
needed.  The original part of our system was installed sufficiently long
ago, that I believe the only choice at that time was the Georg Fischer
socket fused connections.  Since that time we have had a few segments
added ... a bit as recently as a couple of months ago.  For that we have
used the butt-welded fusion fittings (rather than socket fused joints)
... with occasional butt-welded unions where required for easy assembly
and/or disassembly.

I hope that helps and, as usual, I will be looking to see what other
folks have done.

Good luck,

John