[labnetwork] Hydrogen Generation

Ferraguto, Thomas Thomas_Ferraguto at uml.edu
Wed Jul 18 07:53:32 EDT 2012

Colleagues,

We're in the process of designing our gas cabinet and abatement layout for our fab.

I just met with the sales representative from Proton and we're looking at Hogen GC600 (99.9999%) purity hydrogen delivery system (600cc a minute)

I can't find any holes in the argument for Hydrogen generation for ~$12k, when a gas cabinet will cost me ~$20K

Does anyone have any thoughts on this unit or Hydrogen generation in general ? (primarily for PECVD)

Thanks...

Thomas S. Ferraguto
ETIC Clean Room Director
University of Massachusetts Lowell