[labnetwork] gas room means of egress

Iulian Codreanu codreanu at UDel.Edu
Mon Nov 5 11:32:49 EST 2012

Dear Colleagues,

I am trying to influence a decision on a second means of egress from the
gas room at the University of Delaware and your input is very much
appreciated.

This is the room where the cabinets for toxic, flammable, and pyrophoric
as well as some panels for inert gases will be located.  The room is
adjacent to and separated from the cleanroom by a fire rated wall (I was
told it is at least two hours-rated).  The code consultant states that a
second means of egress is not needed for this H2 occupancy room but I
feel it is a must.

How many doors does your gas room have?

Thank you very much.

Iulian