[labnetwork] 2012 NNIN ALD Symposium at Harvard CNS

Mac Hathaway hathaway at cns.fas.harvard.edu
Fri Nov 16 11:11:41 EST 2012

Hello All,

This is Mac Hathaway, at the Harvard Center for Nanoscale Systems.  I'm
writing to let you know about the*2012 NNIN ALD Symposium*, to be held
on*Nov. 29-30, 2012*, at*Harvard University, in Cambridge, MA*.  Each of
you is cordially invited to join us in Cambridge for this, the latest in
a series of NNIN process workshops that have been held at various NNIN
sites over the last several years.

We are currently planning a 2-day program at Harvard CNS which will
consist of the following:

*Day 1*. (NNIN Staff only)  A one-day staff "current status" review of
NNIN ALD systems and capabilities at the various NNIN sites, with plenty
of time for informal "shop talk."

*Day 2*.  A series of brief*ALD Vendor Presentations*, including:

*ALD Nanosolutions
Arradiance
Beneq
Oxford Instruments
Picosun*

Three*Invited Talks* by noted experts in the field of ALD:

*Prof. Roy Gordon, Harvard University
Dr. Jeffrey Elam, Argonne National Lab
Prof. Gregory Parson, North Carolina State University*

A ~1-2 hour*ALD User Seminar*, in which we plan to present a short
review of the "day one" results, with a presentation one or two
highlights of current staff work at NNIN sites, and then a Q&A session.

There will be no cost for this program, and it will be fully catered
(breakfast and lunch).  Day One will be open to**NNIN staff only, and
*Day Two will be open to the public*, including members of the CNS
community, users and faculty, as well as others in the NNIN network.

The dates of this program are*Thursday and Friday, Nov. 29-30, 2012
(concurrent with MRS Fall Meeting in Boston)*.  Registration is now
open.  You can visit our "Event Page" here:

www.cns.fas.harvard.edu/ALD-2012

*Hotels and B&Bs -*

There is the usual complement of hotels within walking distance (not
more than 1/2 hour), including the Sheraton Commander, The Inn at
Harvard <http://www.harvardsquare.com/accommodations/innatharvard.aspx>
, The Charles Hotel, etc.

Also, there several B&Bs within a few hundred yards of the symposium
rooms, including The Irving House (irvinghouse.com), The Harding House
(harding-house.com, 125-165/night).  There are three rooms available
at_A Bed and Breakfast in Cambridge_ (cambridgebnb.com, $155, shared
bath).  Note that some rooms will have common (not private) bathrooms.

*Food* -   Breakfast and lunch will be available both days.

If you are interested in attending, please sign up at your earliest
convenience.  If you know of others who would be interested in attending
either day of the Symposium, please forward this as appropriate.

Please contact Mac Hathaway (hathaway at cns.fas.harvard.edu
<mailto:hathaway at cns.fas.harvard.edu>) with any questions.

On behalf of the organizing committee(Mac Hathaway and Philippe de
Rouffignac - Harvard CNS, Vince Genova - Cornell CNF, and Michelle
Rincon - Stanford SNF), I thank you for your attention.

Sincerely,

Mac Hathaway
Senior Process Engineer
Harvard Center for Nanoscale Systems