[labnetwork] N2 grade for blow guns

Leif Johansen lej at danchip.dtu.dk
Fri Jan 11 15:48:27 EST 2013

Hello Iulian,

Here at DTU Danchip, we are using purified N2 for the guns in fume hoods and wet benches. We have had the same discussion whether it is overkill to do so, since the most of the impurities in our bulk N2 probably stems from water trace. One could argue that the nice clean process N2 becomes dirty the second it leaves the nozzle. However, we have never changed to bulk N2 and most probably will not do so.

Best regards,

Leif

Leif S. Johansen
Head of Operations