[labnetwork] Equipment Online Scheduling Recomendation

Michael Rooks michael.rooks at yale.edu
Wed Jan 23 15:55:42 EST 2013

We use Badger, which is the new version of Coral (developed at
Stanford).  Badger can be used for both scheduling and charging for
laboratory equipment use. When using Badger for billing, it can control
ethernet-connected relay boxes (e.g. to switch off monitors).

It's not free, but you get what you pay for. Contact Mike Bell
<mailto:mikebell at stanford.edu> for more information.

We used to use a Google calendar for scheduling, but it got too chaotic.
Google can't enforce any time limit rules, unlike Badger.

Michael Rooks
Yale Institute for Nanoscience & Quantum Engineering
nano.yale.edu <http://nano.yale.edu>