[labnetwork] Removal of a decommissioned MOCVD tool

Hughes, John S hughes at illinois.edu
Thu Mar 28 16:30:05 EDT 2013

I somehow overlooked the comment about "all contaminated components" having already been removed". (Probably because I keyed in on "MOCVD" and assumed contamination was the major issue.) If that's truly the case, disposal should be easy. In our case, we still had all the gas piping intact and the system was not fully operational. (It had been shut down and abandoned a couple years earlier.) If safety (and hence liability) issues are not a factor, I'm certain a local mechanical contractor or scrapyard will be able to help you out.

 -- John

On Mar 28, 2013, at 2:59 PM, "Hughes, John S" <hughes at illinois.edu<mailto:hughes at illinois.edu>>