[labnetwork] After-hours work in cleanroom and laboratories

Steve Franz franz at seas.ucla.edu
Wed Nov 20 20:21:49 EST 2013

Hi John and all

At UCLA we have at least one staff from 7 AM to 10 PM M-F with no staff
support during the week. We use a buddy system when there is no staff
for all lab processes. Our biggest reason for extending shift coverage is
for making sure machines are ready to go in the morning (eg restarting frozen
computers, removing stuck wafers from loadlock etc)

We do have webcams at fume hoods and critical locations which can be monitored
remotely and our Labrunner system can be used to check if buddy system was violated
although we are loose on this.

Regards

Steve Franz, Manager NRF
franz at seas.ucla.edu