[labnetwork] After-hours work in cleanroom and laboratories

Michael Khbeis khbeis at uw.edu
Thu Nov 21 12:25:57 EST 2013

We too adhere to the buddy system for wet processing.  I do have questions regarding the toxic gas restrictions that some sites apply at night.  What is the driving factor?  Are some tools more manual and thus prone to damage or accident?  We allow toxic processing on plasma tools 24/7 and assume that the tool automation, interlocks, and building life-safety systems are sufficient to prevent accidents or cut gas flows if there was a detected anomaly.

Gratefully,

Dr. Michael Khbeis
Acting Director, Washington Nanofabrication Facility (WNF) (formerly MFF)
National Nanotechnology Infrastructure Network (NNIN)
University of Washington
Fluke Hall, Box 352143
(O) 206.543.5101
(F) 206.221.1681