[labnetwork] Optical microscope cameras

Michael Rooks michael.rooks at yale.edu
Wed Aug 13 18:01:00 EDT 2014

We purchased a USB camera for an optical microscope: A Thor Labs DCC3240
<http://www.thorlabs.com/newgrouppage9.cfm?objectgroup_id=4024&pn=DCC3240C#7072>,
which has 1280x1024 resolution. The Windows software is good, and the
lag time is very small. The price was $1225, which is high compared to
web cams, but it's not junky. The camera has a USB-3 interface, but it
works perfectly well on USB-2.

Michael Rooks
Yale Institute for Nanoscience & Quantum Engineering
nano.yale.edu