[labnetwork] Instrument Relocation During Warranty Period - Best Way

Morrison, Richard H., Jr. rmorrison at draper.com
Thu Dec 18 08:22:05 EST 2014

Hi,

When we moved the Draper MEMS fab into the new space back in 2012 we did the following:

Photos of all facility connections, recorded part numbers of all connections, gas, water, electrical. When me moved the tool we moved plugs, regulators and other connections.

Labeled all connections.

Recorded all gas pressures, voltages and exhaust values.

Created a notebook with all the information on each tool.

Performed a qualification on each tool and created a report.

Read the manual to place the tool in a safe mode.

Move the tool and connect it back up.

Ran the qualification test and compared it to the pre move test.

Hope this helps. Call if you need help or need clarification.

Rick

Draper Laboratory
Principal  Member of the Technical Staff
Group Leader Microfabrication Operations
555 Technology Square
Cambridge Ma, 02139-3563

www.draper.com
rmorrison at draper.com