[labnetwork] Providing User Lab Supplies and Storage Space

Aebersold,Julia W. julia.aebersold at louisville.edu
Thu Jan 23 17:31:51 EST 2014

We provide wafers, cleanroom notebooks, tweezers, etc., but they are not free and have to be purchased by the users.  We have dedicated beakers for chemicals that are used by all users if we do not have designated baths.  However, if they choose not to use what is supplied then they must purchase it themselves.  For storage we provide boxes that are in racks that are not glove boxes.  If they are gone for a year then the contents are removed and the container is made available for the next person.

For restrictions users are not allowed to store chemicals in their boxes and have to provide an MSDS for any new material brought into our cleanroom.   Storage locations are based upon the material's pH and/or characteristics and have to be dated with the user's name.

Cheers!

Julia Aebersold, Ph.D.
MNTC Cleanroom Manager
Shumaker Research Building, Room 233