[labnetwork] Thermal Evaporators

Olona, Leonard E. len.olona at ou.edu
Tue Nov 11 16:38:05 EST 2014

Greetings Labnetwork,

We are looking to purchase a new thermal evaporator for our Cleanroom.   We have narrowed down our options to a couple of vendors.

Kurt Lesker and China-Shenyang Institute of UHV Technology and Applications.

The Kurt Lesker model is a Nano 36 Thermal Evaporator System.  The China-Shenyang is a DRZ-3 Metal Film Deposition Equipment.

Both systems are spec'd out with the best pumping options, 4 sources, biggest bell jars, upgraded shutters, rotational sample holders, etc…

Can we get some feedback on thoughts or personal experiences with these companies? Service support and perspective reviews of users is needed to weigh out our options…

Thank you,
-Len

Leonard E. Olona
Facility Manager, RIL<http://arrc.ou.edu/ril.html>