[labnetwork] Knife edge flange pressure application

Dennis Schweiger schweig at umich.edu
Wed Oct 22 10:57:04 EDT 2014

Good morning all,

Is anyone out there using a standard vacuum style knife-edge flange
(Conflat), in a pressure delivery application?  If so, I'd be interested to
hear your application, as well as any information you might have in regard
to certifying the usage for system integrity.

Many years ago, I designed some vacuum chambers that had to have a 150PSI
pressure rating as a process safety, and we used knife-edge flanges on the
chamber.  The knife-edge flanges were then certified as part of the
pressure vessel rating on the entire vacuum chamber.  The application I
have now is strictly flange related, they're not part of a larger system.

Thanks,

DennisSchweiger
University of Michigan/LNF

734.647.2055 Ofc