[labnetwork] Cleanliness level in clean room

nfshuyun nfshuyun at ust.hk
Thu Sep 18 22:21:47 EDT 2014

Dear All,

Sorry to bother you. I come from NFF in the Hong Kong University of Science
and Technology. It is nice to join in this group.

I have some questions about the material contamination in clean room.

We have most of the research projects from department of  ECE, ME, Physics,
Chemical, such as, CMOS, TFT, Solar cell, SOI MEMS, LED and HENMT,
micro-fluid, and so on. Right now the cleanliness level is basically defined
based on the materials.

Highest level, Clean: Si, SiO2, Nitride, amorphous silicon, polycrystalline
silicon,

Second, Semi-clean: Al, Ni, Ti, Mo, ITO

Lowest level: Non-standard: others (IGZO, GaN, GaAs, Al2O3, Cu, TiW, Au, Ag,
Hf, Pt and so on)

What kind of cleanliness levels are you using? And how to define the
contamination of these materials? Is it possible to promote GaN-based
process to semi-clean?

Thank you very much for your advise.

Have a good day!

Best,

Shuyun Zhao

Scientific officer

Nanoelectronics Fabrication Facility

The Hong Kong University of Science & Technology

Clear Water Bay, Kowloon, Hong Kong

Tel:  (852) 2358 7212/7896

Fax: (852) 2358 1372

Email:  <mailto:nfshuyun at ust.hk> nfshuyun at ust.hk