[labnetwork] UGIM Directors and Managers Please Participate in attached Survey

Ferraguto, Thomas Thomas_Ferraguto at uml.edu
Fri Dec 4 13:23:46 EST 2015

Colleagues,
In preparation for UGIM 2016 in Salt Lake City, Ian Harvey requested that we get a team to together to gather information on the UGIM Community. We ask UGIM Lab Directors/Managers to participate in the survey attached (to be completed by January 29th 2016).

Problem Statement:

To better understand how a University Nano/Micro Fabrication Facility can survive and thrive in today's economy the UGIM Team have authored Part 1 of a survey to gather information from as many Universities that wish to participate to be presented at UGIM 2016 Utah. The goal is to provide a comprehensive snap shot of multiple UGIM members (financially and operationally) for all the labs to benefit from. In addition to the presentation to be made at the UGIM Symposium 2016 Utah, the goal is to continue to grow the survey process and feed that information back to the UGIM participants periodically.

Framework:

  1.  Any data and analysis of the survey results made publicly available will not have institutions identified. However, we will need your contact information for communication in regard to Part 2 of the survey.
  2.  The survey needs to be as simple as possible to encourage participation
     *   Part 1 will be focused on Categorization and may help us parse down the data set for Part 2. The first level survey will set help guide us to Part 2.
     *   Part 2 will be more detailed analysis and have more granularity on budget, funding sources and other topics to be determined.
     *   We will utilize Survey Monkey as a tool to gather data
  3.  UGIM 2016 is NOT the end game, but a beginning of a longer effort to continue gathering and sharing information. The hope is that UGIM 2016 will spur increased participation in such activity.

The Survey Link:

 https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/96BFZZP<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.surveymonkey.com_r_96BFZZP&d=CwMFaQ&c=lqHimbpwJeF7VTDNof4ddnO1LTp7jTaMHJ2UAxZwrfY&r=Nr-bN4Md6RTcDsx-pCbyQFkpRpOBT-uDXKAUJUpg_zc&m=x_JqxjZCXnUZsUABOf3HmvTbmXd4LZpvGb3QtnwBw7g&s=F2qmkpe0z6JDRAGqEEcrr0vRzU2wzWiykGsMgHH-Dao&e=>

Questions and comments and be forwarded directly to Thomas_ferraguto at uml.edu<mailto:Thomas_ferraguto at uml.edu> 978-934-1809

Best Regards
Tom Ferraguto

Team: Thomas Ferraguto- UMass Lowell, Sandrine Martin - U Michigan, Noah Clay- U Penn, Robert Cornwall -Penn State, Dennis Grimard- MIT, Robert Hower- U Michigan & Vito Logiudice-U Waterloo.

Note: Special thanks to Sandrine Martin for her extra efforts in putting the teams ideas into a usable survey.

Thomas S. Ferraguto
Saab ETIC Nanofabrication Laboratory Director
University of Massachusetts Lowell
1 University Avenue
Lowell MA 01854-5120
978-934-1809 land