[labnetwork] Humidification System Design

Paul, Jack Jack.Paul at hdrinc.com
Wed Feb 4 20:06:40 EST 2015

John,
We would not recommend the proposed approach to mix the two together.  The building steam system (or campus steam system) will be too contaminated, in particular with amines.  If you are already making clean steam with RO, that should be used without adding in building steam.

A better approach is a steam to steam heat exchanger, using the building steam to heat the RO water.  They never touch since they are in separate coils.  Clean RO in, clean steam out.

Jack Paul, RA, LEED AP BD+C
Laboratory Planner/Programmer
Vice President
HDR