[labnetwork] Humidification System Design

Vito Logiudice vito.logiudice at uwaterloo.ca
Thu Feb 5 20:25:49 EST 2015

John,

I too will echo everyone else’s comments. In our case we came to what we deemed to be a reasonable compromise with RO water rather than full DI. Something else to consider with the approach your designers have proposed is the risk to your humidification system should you be in an area of very hard water (as is our case) and should the water softening system fail. The attached photo shows the mineral deposits that were noted on stainless steal steam distribution coils when such a failure occurred in one of our non-cleanroom systems.

Good luck
Vito
--
Vito Logiudice  MASc, PEng