[labnetwork] High Humidity Issues in Coastal Areas?

Noah Clay nclay at upenn.edu
Thu Jul 23 16:16:41 EDT 2015

Kamal,

A few things to consider:

1. Ensure that your incoming chilled water temperature/flow is adequate.  We average 43F.

2. Ensure that your chilled water coils are clean.  Ours are inspected quarterly; prefilters are changed quarterly; coils cleaned annually & box filters are changed annually.  Final discharge HEPAs are changed every three years

3. Ensure that your reheat system is operating properly with clean coils for further drying.

4. Ensure that any downstream humidification valves are not passing/defective.

5. Calibrate any sensors in the air handlers.  We calibrate annually.

I can send a screen shot of the air handler from the BAS?

Good luck,
Noah Clay

Quattrone Nanofabrication Facility
University of Pennsylvania