[labnetwork] GaP in sputter

Fouad Karouta fouad.karouta at anu.edu.au
Thu Jun 4 03:32:29 EDT 2015

Dear colleagues,

In our multi-users facility in Canberra we do have a sputter with multiple targets used by our users. One suer would like to sputter GaP on Si to be used for solar cells applications.
Looking at the MSDS, it stated a certain toxicity related to the element P.

I would like to know if anyone is sputtering GaP and what safety rules are taken for example to clean the chamber or just change targets and if there is any potential of forming PH3.

Best regards,
Fouad Karouta

Manager ANFF ACT Node
Australian National Fabrication Facility
Research School of Physics and Engineering
Australian National University
ACT 0200, Canberra, Australia
Tel: + 61 2 6125 7174
Mob: + 61 451 046 412