[labnetwork] Thermal load in cleanrooms ISO 5/6

Michael Rooks michael.rooks at yale.edu
Mon Mar 16 16:07:25 EDT 2015

I have a different opinion about chillers: A single central unit creates
a single point of failure for the entire facility, and maintenance
requires everything to be shut down at once. I would rather have the
(several small) chillers where I can see them, and I don't trust
facilities people to do the maintenance properly. Same advice for UPS.
Out of sight, out of mind. Also, if you have numerous chillers then you
should keep a spare handy, just as you would for vacuum pumps.

Michael Rooks
Yale Institute of Nanoscience and Quantum Engineering
nano.yale.edu <http://nano.yale.edu>