[labnetwork] Automated Emergency shutoff valve

Matthieu Nannini, Dr. matthieu.nannini at mcgill.ca
Thu May 14 16:26:02 EDT 2015

Dennis,

Yes. All are in exhausted gas cabinet. When I presented the safety mechanism to the project manager here, showing him the shutoff valve in the pigtail just before the panel, he mentioned that there was still a weak point between this valve and the actual cylinder rotary valve itself. If a leak occurs at the rotary valve or the CGA/DISS connection or at the pigtail nothing can stop it. Hence the shutoff valve on the cylinder rotary valve idea from the project manager.

Matthieu