[labnetwork] Flooring - ISO 5/6

Vito Logiudice vito.logiudice at uwaterloo.ca
Thu May 14 19:10:49 EDT 2015

Hi Loïk,

I won¹t add to the already excellent comments which have been made in
regards to your ESD considerations. I will however share my somewhat
negative experience with epoxy. We operated five years out of a temporary
cleanroom here in Waterloo in which static dissipative epoxy was used as a
covering over a concrete slab on grade floor (at least I think it was
static dissipative if memory serves me correctly). After about two to
three years, we found that the epoxy started to flake and peel in high
wear areas such as in front of commonly used workstations.

I personally prefer the welded vinyl sheet approach described by Jack
Paul. This worked very well for us in a couple of other cleanroom projects
I worked on many years ago.

Best regards,
Vito
--