[labnetwork] Thermocouple for JIPELEC JetFirst RTP system

Matthew Oonk mwoonk at umich.edu
Thu Nov 19 09:29:21 EST 2015

We had the same problem with out TCs on our Jetfirst 100 and 150.
It's mainly due to the fact that we have users who run high temperature
recipes using the TC (our users don't use the pyrometer due to different
substrate coatings causing it to vary.)

The problem with Omega is that the TC is a strange length and it's hard to
have confidence in the calibration adjustments in the software.    The
Jupilec TCs are a somehow callibrated by the vendors - I think that is half
the expense.

The only hack I can suggest is from Axic - if you have a glass blower on
campus and the break is at the tip of the TC (usually where it is since it
fuses with the Si and snaps,) you can have them re-bonded in a hot torch.

   -Matt

Matthew Oonk
Research Engineer
Lurie Nanofabrication Facility