[labnetwork] Industrial Client Policies

Volkan Ozguz vozguz at sabanciuniv.edu
Wed Apr 6 01:49:47 EDT 2016

Dear Michael
We had one interesting example in our 4 years of existence. One equipment
manufacturer, trained one of our experienced staff and after a few months
they offered him a very lucrative offer, for a position in their tech
center in Europe.  We had no means for matching, even coming closer to the
terms.
We warned the manufacturer. We couldn't keep the staff member. We parted
ways  in amicable terms.
Since then,  we had a few more staff leaving for better offers for
industrial positions especially in Europe.   We had a few months of
struggle every time. We are trying to benefit from the undergraduate and
 graduate students studying in these areas.  We are trying to keep the
pipeline full by training more people as much as we can. We couldn't find
any better solution.  In our geographical location, we can rarely find
trained, qualified tech staff.
Regards
Volkan

Volkan Özgüz

​
​
Director
​
Sabancı University Nanotechnology Research and Application Center - SUNUM
Orhanlı, Tuzla, İstanbul 34956

Office: 90 216 483 9834
Fax: 90 216 483 9885
Email: vozguz at sabanciuniv.edu