[labnetwork] Recommendations for commercially available ERP-type SW packages

Mac Hathaway hathaway at cns.fas.harvard.edu
Fri Apr 15 14:21:46 EDT 2016

Hey All,

So, we currently have an in-house system for tracking a variety of
things, including tool use, various user statistics, system status, and
billing, as well as managing equipment access and generating reports on
all of the above.

Since our trusty IT guy departed, we have been looking at iLab and
Mendix.  Both are fairly comprehensive, and to varying degrees,
configurable.  Mendix was looking pretty good, as they would allow us to
quickly modify the interface as needed, and they have a very flexible
platform.  Their pricing structure is rather expensive, unfortunately.
iLab will need to put our future mods in a revision queue, rendering
them rather less flexible, but their product is less expensive.

Mac

Mac Hathaway

Senior Process and Systems Engineer

Harvard Center for Nanoscale Systems