[labnetwork] safety shower kit

Steffen, Paul steffen.8 at osu.edu
Mon Dec 5 11:12:25 EST 2016

Iulian,

We have a regular terry cloth bath towel, a knit acrylic blanket, and disposal hospital smocks in separate plastic bags next to our first aid kit in a Class 1,000 hallway. We reasoned that emergency shower use would be so rare and the towel would be getting wet right out of the bag so there was really no need to worry about particulate and find a special towel. Similarly with the blanket and smocks we reasoned that use would be so rare and short that there was no need for cleanroom-rated materials.

-Paul

Paul Steffen
Lab Manager
Institute for Materials Research Nanotech West Lab
100 Science Village, 1381 Kinnear Road, Columbus, OH 43212
614-688-3546 Office / 614-688-3379 Fax
steffen.8 at osu.edu nanotech.osu.edu