[labnetwork] HPM gas survey

Iulian Codreanu codreanu at udel.edu
Thu Dec 8 19:41:47 EST 2016

Hi Michael,

Please see below for a summary of hat I have:
-I run all hazardous gases (3 or more on the fire diamond) in coaxial
lines; both the inner and outer tube are 316L SS.
-The coaxial lines do not use any preformed directional changes; both
the inner and outer tubes are welded; the bend radius is 10 diameters.
-The coaxial space is either under vacuum or pressure (on the lines I
warm up) and the vacuum/pressure is monitored; any change leads to valve
closure and notifications.
-The only hazardous gas cylinder I have in the cleanroom is BCl3 because
I wanted it close to the etcher; I may put future low vapor pressure
hazardous cylinders in the cleanroom. I warm up the line that runs from
the gas cabinet to the etcher. I also warm up the cylinder and the
manifold inside the gas cabinet.
-I do not have a pressure regulator in the BCl3 cabinet.
-All my gas cabinets are single-panel, dual output; I am using only one
output for now.
-I use 4-stick VMBs (except for BCl3; the cabinet is connected directly
to the etcher).
-I have a Gas Room that houses the corrosive gas cabinets and some
"non-hazardous" cylinders outside of gas cabinets; the space is
monitored for O2 concentration.
-I have a Bunker that houses the flammable and pyrophoric gases in
cabinets; any future GeH4, PH3, B2H6 will go in there; the space is
monitored for O2 concentration.
-The exhaust from the gas cabinets and VMBs is sampled for hazardous gases.
-The flammable gas cabinets and VMBs have UV/IR sensors that get power
from and report to the Fire Alarm System (FAS). The FAS is connected to
the TGMS and the TGMS can close valves in the gas cabinets, VMBs, and tools.
-All gas cabinets and VMBs are sprinklered.
-My C4F8 panel has two outputs; one is currently used and one is for the
future. They tee off downstream of the pressure regulator.

I hope this helps and I wish you the best of luck,

Iulian

iulian Codreanu, Ph.D.
Director of Operations, UD NanoFab
163 ISE Lab