[labnetwork] NiFe 81-19 Sputtering Request

Michael Khbeis khbeis at uw.edu
Sun Jun 19 00:39:36 EDT 2016

Dear Colleagues

We have an issue sputtering NiFe in our Lesker PVD75. The target runs fine for burn-in and a few runs but then can't maintain a plasma (DC 800W).

Does anyone have an idea what causes relatively rapid failure in maintaining plasma with this specific material? I doubt the target is worn that fast.

Also, we have a client that urgently needs some depositions. Is there a site willing to take on the task while we troubleshoot our system?

Gratefully,

Dr. Michael Khbeis
Washington Nanofab Facility
University of Washington