[labnetwork] TEOS for PECVD deposition of SiO2

Vito Logiudice vito.logiudice at uwaterloo.ca
Mon Jun 20 11:37:19 EDT 2016

Dear Colleagues,

It was great to meet many of you last week. I will echo the comments made by several on here already: hats off to our friends in Utah for having done a great job of hosting UGIM 2016.

I’d like to pick the community’s brains in regards to TEOS solutions used for SiO2 deposition in a PECVD system. Our Oxford System 100 PECVD makes use of an Air Products canister (formerly made by Schumacher) which holds 0.8kg of solution (canister photo attached). For those of you who use TEOS I’d appreciate it if you could please share your thoughts on the following two questions:

1. Do you use a supplier other than Air Products for the TEOS solution itself? If yes, can you please share the company name and your degree of satisfaction with this alternate supplier and the quality of the solution provided? I seem to recall someone mentioning “Gelest” on this forum some time ago but my search turned up empty.

2. Do you refill your own canisters yourself and if yes, can you please describe your procedure? Given how quickly TEOS hydrolizes with the moisture in the air I assume that the fill process should best be performed in a glovebox under an inert atmosphere but I’d appreciate hearing from those of you with experience.

We only have a single canister available and it typically takes 2-3 months to send it out to get refilled so I’m hoping to cut the lead time by exploring alternate options. Thanks very much.

Best,
Vito
--
Vito Logiudice  P.Eng.