[labnetwork] Ebeam deposition of Gold

Espen Rogstad espen.rogstad at ntnu.no
Sat Nov 12 12:24:53 EST 2016

Hi Chito,

Try putting a small metal disc under the tungsten crucible to lift it up a bit from the Cu pocket. This way the cooling efficiency goes way down and you can evaporate with low current. Be careful to not use too high current because the gold can spill over. Use long soak step because it takes a couple minutes after melting before it starts to evaporate (with a steady current).

Regards,
Espen Rogstad