[labnetwork] "Frankenstein" e-beam evaporator free to good home

Kyle Keenan kckeenan at seas.upenn.edu
Wed Oct 5 16:15:51 EDT 2016

Hello,

We have a working, decommissioned e-beam evaporator that we are giving
away for free. Items included: 4 space hearth, spare hearth, manual gate
valve, dep rate monitor, beam sweep controller, and 3kV Thermionics
power supply. The unit just needs a cryo pump setup, a vacuum gauge, and
some reassembly.

This system is a "Frankenstein" in the sense that it appears homemade,
but it was quite reliable right up until we took it off line. The lucky
recipient will be responsible for arranging/paying for freight shipping
(the recipient will need to provide a large crate for the gate valve and
electronics). You may also pick the system up, if you are so inclined.

We are looking to get rid of this whole system a.s.a.p., one way or
another, so don't delay!

Please email for pictures. Requests for entire system only, please.

Thank you for your interest.

--
Kyle Keenan

Laboratory Manager