[labnetwork] Handheld Hydrogen and Hydride (Phosphine, Germane, diborane, silane) detectors

Mario Beaudoin beaudoin at physics.ubc.ca
Mon Apr 3 12:52:55 EDT 2017

I used to have something like this made by Draeger.

M.

Le 31/03/2017 à 12:59 PM, James C. Sturm a écrit :

> I am looking for handheld detectors to “sniff” at VCR or swagelock
> joints for leaks of hydrogen and also for common hydrides (silane,
> germane, diborane, phosphine…).  The lab has a central system already,
> but I am looking for something to sniff at joints with after making
> connections and repressurizing.       (Yes we will Helium leak-check
> too, but this is as a followup with less likelihood of someone doing
> it wrong).
>
> Many years (25?) we had a handheld unit for hydrides (about  7” x 3 “
> x 1”, with a 4” long rubber sniffer port).   Probably made by Matheson
> but can’t seem to find anything similar from them now (although I
> didn’t look very hard).
>
> Suggestions?
>
> Thanks, Jim Sturm

*Mario Beaudoin, Ph.D.*

Research Associate, Manager

Advanced Nanofabrication Facility (ANF)

Advanced Materials and Process Engineering Lab (AMPEL)

University of British Columbia

2355 East Mall, Vancouver, BC V6T 1Z4

Tel: 604-822-1853

web: www.nanofab.ubc.ca <http://www.nanofab.ubc.ca>