[labnetwork] Tools for a new lab

Willyan Hasenkamp Carreira HASENKAMP at unisinos.br
Wed Dec 13 15:54:18 EST 2017

Hello Everybody,

I´ve recently registered to this mailing (thanks to Mary Tang from Stanford) and it´s great.
We have recently finished our small cleanroom, down south in Brazil, and just yesterday we got the grant for purchasing a few microfabrication tools.
Literaly we have nothing, lab is empty... but we would like to start doing some microsystems.

It would be very nice to have your opinion and references on equipment we could purchase.
Please consider equipment flexibility, versatility, maintainance cost and difficulties. Also, students will be allowed to use them... which can be a burden.

I do not know if we are going in a good direction but we have selected some equipment to start with:
- Laserwriter (which way to go? Maskless aligner or direct laser write. Any suggestion? Brand? We know of Heidelberg, but what about Microwriter ML3 or Picomaster 2000, anyother? Does anybody have some comments?)
- Mask aligner... we will need it if the choice is to go with direct laser write... (Here we have suss and evg. Which one would you prefer?)
- Plasma etch - RIE (Any equipment suggestion? We found Oxford equipment... any other that could fit?)
- Sputtering/PECVD (Does a dual system for metal and dielectrics make sense? Which fabricant do you have a good user and maintainance experience?)
- Wetbench... (its hard to find such things here in Brazil. Do you have any configuration suggestion that has being working?)
- Resist coating and development (Any suggestion? Suss has some things but are there other suggestions? I think Brewer also have some things...)

- Other suggestions? Wafer bonding, RTP, spin track for coat and dev, oven...

It is really basic things, we just once dreamed to build such small facility 5 years ago and things are fortunately moving.
Also some disclaimer... We have never done it, all the people here probably have used your facilities but it is another level to build and run one... therefore your honest opion is again extremelly important. Thank you all for your attention and I will keep you posted how things move on.

Kind regards,
Willyan

--
Willyan Hasenkamp
Universidade do Vale do Rio dos Sinos - Unisinos

Aviso legal: Esta mensagem eletrônica e seus respectivos anexos, podem conter informações confidenciais. Se você não é o(a) destinatário(a) correto(a) e/ou o conteúdo do e-mail não lhe diz respeito notifique-nos, respondendo a este e-mail com cópia para esirc at asav.org.br<mailto:esirc at asav.org.br>, e apague-o imediatamente. Fica, desde já, notificado que qualquer ação baseada no conteúdo desta mensagem é estritamente proibida e ilegal.