[labnetwork] Two SEM/EBLs set up in the same room : comments

Jugessur, Aju S aju-jugessur at uiowa.edu
Wed Dec 20 10:01:26 EST 2017

Marylene,

We have also made provision to add a second Ebeam tool or an FIBSEM in the same cleanroom as our current Raith Voyager.
I do note that you have already received some useful comments.

I would like to add the following:

(a) If you do plan to add any EM cancellation systems on both tools, please ensure that the two systems do not interact with each other.
(b) Have an independent party survey the site including the interference/interraction of the two EM cancellation systems. I had the experience of the tool vendor passing the site surveys or relaxing the specs only for us to accept the tool and we ended up modifying the site substantially ($$$) to accommodate the existing environmental influences.
(c) Our tools are in a cleanroom environment. We do not have any CR filters right above the tool to reduce any acoustic noise vibrations.

All the best with your new tool.

Regards
Aju