[labnetwork] Chemical resistant apron storage

Danny Pestal pestal at eecs.berkeley.edu
Thu Mar 16 15:43:16 EDT 2017

Dear Labnetwork,
   I am reaching out for responses on how everyone manages their chemical
resistant apron PPE storage. Our current solution of hanging them from
hooks on the sides of the wet process benches leaves much to be desired.
There is not a lot of room in the hanging area so the aprons get bunched up
and apron fronts touch apron backs which increases the potential risk of a
chemical exposure to the next wearer. Before I spend the efforts attempting
to come up with a mechanical solution of hanging the aprons so they can't
interact (with themselves and with each other), I am wondering if anyone
has implemented a more simple way to manage this risk.

Thanks,
Danny Pestal

Facilities Manager
Marvell NanoLab