[labnetwork] NbTiN etch

Abelev, Esta eabelev at pitt.edu
Mon May 1 08:58:26 EDT 2017

Good morning,

Can anyone offer some advice on NbTiN etch?

We have a group that trying to etch NbTiN film (~15nm thickness), optimally, they will need to use EBL for it patterning.
We tried to use only PMMA so far, the only etch tool we have is Trion RIE and the recipe we used is:
Power = 50W, Pressure = 20mTorr, SF6 20ccm with various amounts of Ar 10-50ccm (it looked like Ar was helping but it still not ideal).

I am reaching out on behalf of this group to see if anyone used to work on etching NbTiN and can advise us what else we can try?

Thanks, Esta