[labnetwork] Interlocks and paying for them

Ferraguto, Thomas Thomas_Ferraguto at uml.edu
Thu May 11 09:34:07 EDT 2017

Colleagues,

We're doing a reboot of our equipment interlock strategy.

I was hoping to get a couple of data points.

#1 In your experience what was the change in booked equipment activity between the time you went from an honor (scheduling system) to an interlocked system. (Was there a change in the level of captured revenue/activity attributable to the interlocks).

#2 Can equipment interlocks be considered equipment (i.e. billed to the equipment and maintenance budget) or do they have to be considered part of an operations budget.

I'm hoping to use RFID readers already equipped with dry contacts to be my method for capturing data and equipment usage. Our scheduling system would be separate  for now. The user would just scan in and out to open the interlock.

Thanks in advance

Best Regards

Thomas S. Ferraguto
Saab ETIC Nanofabrication Laboratory Director
Saab ETIC Building Director
1 University Avenue
Lowell MA 01854
Mobile 617-755-0910