[labnetwork] Best practices for chemical storage, cross contamination, conservation

Luciani, Vincent (Fed) Vincent.Luciani at nist.gov
Mon Feb 12 09:17:47 EST 2018

Good Morning Michael,

I can't say we have the problem solved but we have made some headway.  This is what we have done to date:

We purchased single wafer piranha and RCA spray clean tools.  We are just about to wrap up an oxide integrity study comparing it to immersion RCA. It looks encouraging.  Works with whole wafers (75 mm - 200 mm).  This saves chemicals and manual pouring and handling of waste.

Every Friday evening at about 11 PM, we clear the benches.  Most people know this so there is not much to clean up.  During the week, any beakers that are not labelled properly are removed as soon as we find them.

I am still not happy with our resist and developer handling management.  Still very manual with users having direct access to gallon containers.  There is a session  dedicated to lithography materials management in this year's https://ugim.nano.upenn.edu/ .  I encourage anyone with something to contribute to send in an abstract.  If the upload is not functional yet, send it to me.

Best,
Vince